Please read the following information BEFORE submitting an application or calling The Blessing Board. It will help you to understand the processes involved with receiving a blessing and will answer questions you may have regarding who qualifies for and what you will need to do to get an appointment.
How do I receive furniture from The Blessing Board?
The quickest way to request an appointment at The Blessing Board is to fill out an Individual Application form at the link below. After submitting your form, an appointment coordinator will contact you when/if an appointment becomes available. Please include all of the required information (items with a red asterisk* are required). If you are unable to fill out the form, you can call 412-828-1055 and leave your name, phone number, zip code and a brief message. Online form applications are responded to first. Please submit only one application. Duplicate applications or phone calls to check on your application status slow down the process and make it difficult to reach applicants in a timely manner.
How do I qualify? Do I need a referral?
People qualify for a Blessing Board donation if they are without and do not have the means to purchase their own furniture. Anyone in need can fill out an application form or call The Blessing Board directly, as no agency referral is required. Social Service agencies can make appointments for their client if they are providing a truck. Clients arranging their own truck need to fill our the online form or The Blessing Board directly. Online form applications are responded to first.
What kind of items are available?
Depending upon current inventory…
- living room, bedroom, and dining room/kitchen furniture
- pots and pans, dishes, towels, sheets and lamps
- mattresses and box springs (size and framing cannot be guaranteed)
What happens at an appointment?
- arrive at the appointed time with your vehicle and check in.
- hear a brief talk about The Blessing Board’s mission.
- meet with a volunteer to discuss your needs.
- make selections from what is available.
- take your items home (we will load your truck for you).
Other appointment guidelines and information:
- Item quantities may be limited, depending on inventory.
- Only one person may accompany you while choosing furniture.
- Children are not permitted in the warehouse.
- Should you need to cancel your appointment, rescheduling may be possible with at least 3 business days notice. Missed appointments will NOT be rescheduled.
- You must be living in, or have keys to, a permanent residence.
- Each person/household is served only once.
Why isn’t my call being returned?
- The Blessing Board receives over 350 calls each month and we don’t have the staffing to return each one.
While The Blessing Board can’t promise to supply everything you need, we promise to do our best to serve you.