Please read the following information before calling The Blessing Board. It will help you to understand the processes involved with receiving a blessing and will answer questions you may have regarding who qualifies for and what you will need to do to get an appointment.
How do I receive furniture from The Blessing Board?
To schedule an appointment call The Blessing Board at 412-828-1055. Leave a message including your name, phone number, zip code and a brief description of your situation/need. Be aware that you will be required to come with a truck large enough to contain all the items you hope to receive. Two smaller trucks can be used in lieu of one large truck.
How do I qualify? Do I need a referral?
People qualify for a Blessing Board donation if they are without and do not have the means to purchase their own furniture. Anyone in need can call The Blessing Board directly, as no agency referral is required. Social Service agencies can make appointments for their client if they are providing a truck. Clients arranging their own truck need to call The Blessing Board directly.
What kind of items are available?
Depending upon current inventory…
- living room, bedroom, and dining room/kitchen furniture
- pots and pans, dishes, towels, sheets and lamps
- mattresses and box springs (size and framing cannot be guaranteed)
What happens at an appointment?
- arrive at the appointed time with your vehicle and check in.
- hear a brief talk about The Blessing Board’s mission.
- meet with a volunteer to discuss your needs.
- make selections from what is available.
- take your items home (we will load your truck for you).
Other appointment guidelines and information:
- Item quantities may be limited, depending on inventory.
- Only one person may accompany you while choosing furniture.
- Children are not permitted in the warehouse.
- Should you need to cancel your appointment, rescheduling may be possible with at least least 3 business days notice. Missed appointments will NOT be rescheduled.
- You must be living in, or have keys to, a permanent residence.
- Each person/household is served only once.
Why isn’t my call being returned?
- The Blessing Board receives over 700 calls each month and we don’t have the staffing to return each one.
- Appointments are available for a small percentage of the requests (20-25%).
- You may be requesting items that are unavailable or in low supply (appliances, etc.).
While The Blessing Board can’t promise to supply everything you need, we promise to do our best to serve you.